Wednesday, January 9, 2008

8 things about me

This tagging thing has reached me as well. I saw it coming to me via Eddie Awad, who tagged Laurent Schneider, who tagged Chen Shapira, who tagged me. So now it's my turn. Although my initial intention with this blog was that it would only be "About Oracle", I'll make an exception now.

So here are 8 random things about me:

1) I was born in december 1972 and have one younger sister.

2) My acting career started and ended with a performance at elementary school where I played a tree.

3) I love listening to music, especially from bands like Sigur Ros, Pink Floyd, Mogwai, Radiohead, Pixies, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Dead Can Dance, Joy Division and many more.

4) It keeps surprising me that advertising pays off. Personally I tend to stop buying products after seeing some annoying ad. And why spamming apparently works is really beyond me.

5) I love to watch the Tour de France, the biggest road cycling event, despite all the fuzz about dope these days. I organize a little betting pool with family, friends and colleagues. The calculation and administration of this is, of course, done with Oracle and a handful of SQL*Plus scripts. Each year I promise myself to make it easier for the participants by setting up a little ApEx site, but each year I start too late and end up unfinished.

6) I have played chess from the age of 19 up until 3 years ago, and still do occasionally on the internet. I like to play gambits, especially the Budapester and King's Gambit. It led me to one local championship of Gouda, but only because the strongest player failed to play enough games that year.

7) I've been to the USA in 1998, where I drove around in a rented car through Florida for one week. Ten years later I hope to visit the USA again for Oracle Open World in San Francisco.

8) I'm married and have two sons of 2 years old and almost 1 year old.

And now it's my turn to tag (in random order):
Tonguc Yilmaz,
Volder,
Ronald Rood,
Nicolas Gasparotto,
cd and
Adrian Billington.

No comments:

Post a Comment